Monday 3 September 2012

Taking the plunge...


Hello blogging world!!!

Ok, so I'm a little slow to jump on the blogging bandwagon, and when I say slow, I mean that the way I see it, the blogging world has evolved to a point where they've started putting people on Uranus while I'm just learning how ride a bike for the first time.

I'm foo(d)manchoo. Don't let the name fool you, I'm actually quite asianly racist, but only when it comes to myself, in a self-deprecating kind of way! (>_<) Somebody very close to me suggested I start up a food blog as I was filling up my Facebook gallery with a whole lot of photos of meals that I had been eating while back in Melbourne. My response to them was that I only liked taking photos of food but not really talking about them...and here we are...

I don't really care who reads this as, in a way, this will be somewhat therapeutic for me and I will try and restrain from filtering what I say here as much as possible. Having said that, if you end up enjoying the photos that I upload then that's a plus.

When I was in Sydney about a month ago, I lost my Olympus XZ-1 camera in the back of a taxi. I was fairly pissed as one often is when they lose something of importance. Anyway, in my sadness in the days to follow I ended up re-purchasing the same model and have been snapping away ever since. I love sharing the photos I take and I hope whoever ends up reading these blogs will enjoy them as much as I like taking them.

foo(d)manchoo (>_<)

Chicken satay from Mamak, Chinatown, Sydney

2 comments: